1. The 2020 season runs from 1st November to 31st October.
2. New members pay their fee from the month they join for the remainder of the season, to 31st October. The calculation is divide the annual fee by 365, then multiply by the number of days remaining in the season.
3. The 'Sliding Scale' of fees only applies for your first year of membership. Thereafter, payment is for the full year's fee - the club does not offer summer only memberships.
4. The Sliding Scale applies to all fees apart from the Joining Fee of £50 which is paid for the new membership, not per member on the new membership application.
5. The Sliding Scale does not apply to Winter Membership.
6. The information provided in any membership application will be held on the SCSC management system and server, for Club purposes and disclosure to the RYA for the purpose of industry surveys only.
7. Active /sailing club members are required to undertake four half-day duties each year (pro-rata depending on when members join during the season) to support sailing, galley and club maintenance.
8. You will need to register for your duties on the Duty Section of the website - this goes live in January with duties filling up quickly.
9. If you do not choose your own duties, the Sailing Secretary will allocate duties to you but they may not match your preferences as stated below. It is best for you to choose the dates you know you can do to avoid needing to swap at a later date.
10. Cadet Parents/Guardians are required to carry out Cadet Squadron duties and are not obliged to carry out main club duties as well. The decision about the number of Cadet Squadron duties required rests with the Cadet Squadron Captain.
11. Members are welcome to sign up for additional duties if they wish to do so.
12. A buy-out facility is available at a cost of £50 per duty when joining.
13. Please indicate your availability for specific duties and note any relevant qualifications, RYA Teaching Qualifications and experience: For Example: PB1- Powerboat 1; PB2 - Powerboat 2; PB3 - Safety Boat; DI - Dinghy Instructor, SI Senior Dinghy Instructor; Race management experience / training; Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
14. Please note: We welcome volunteers for 1st Race Officer. If you have a qualification, please volunteer, but if you have experience, such as 2nd Race Officer, please consider progressing to 1st Race Officer. To undertake 2nd Race Officer and Safety Boat Crew duties you do not need any prior experience or qualifications.
15. The Club is only able to provide safety facilities during specific club organised events. Parents and guardians have sole responsibility for their children - the Club does not provide supervision or control.
16. Members must hold (as a minimum) insurance cover of £2,000,000 against third party claims for each water-based vessel i.e. boat, windsurfer, kayak, or SUP used on the water and/or kept on club premises.
19. "I, being the parent/guardian of any named minor(s) on my membership account and being a member of South Cerney Sailing Club approve of her/his/their membership. I agree that I will be responsible for their conduct and adherence to the junior safety policy and will ensure that they wear personal buoyancy. I have no objection to them taking part in racing."
Last updated 15:00 on 28 February 2021