In these unprecedented times of Corona Virus, COVID-19, restrictions South Cerney Sailing Club has one sole mission, the safety of our members and the local community.
As a result of this we closed the club completely and very quickly. Since then we have been pioneering in relaxing the lockdown over time, slowly introducing more and more activities as the Government restrictions and RYA guidance has allowed.
Then came the second lockdown In November 2020.
Now the rules are relaxed as of 2nd December 2020. South Cerney SC is in a tier 2 region and therefore able to open for on water activity and exercise. In fact, the Government encourage the exercise.
A significant amount of time has been spent to produce the road map and associated risk assessments to allow us to open in a controlled and safe manner. These are being continually updated and the latest documents are attached.
But the fundamental requirement is that it is all reliant on our membership following the advice provided to ensure it is safe for everybody, however frustrating the advice looks. It is given for the right reasons.
We Must, (Mandatory)
- Review our ability to travel to our site based on the latest Government COVID Tier Level.
- Do not travel to our site if you are in a Tier 3 area defined by the Government as "Local COVID Alert Level Very High"
- Follow the club's Test & Trace procedure using the NHS COVID-19 app or send an email as required prior to arrival at the club. This is covered in the attached Test & Trace Procedure below.
- Adhere to the Social Distancing rules at all time.
- Consider any surface contaminated and regularly wash or sanitise your hands
- Remember "Hand Face Space"
Please enjoy the facilities and respect the current Government restrictions on social distancing, crowd sizes etc.
The attached documents support the club current position on COVID-19
Any questions please contact a member of the COVID-19 team
Your continued support is greatly appreciated. Vernon Perkins Commodore
- SCSC Restart Sailing Poster from 4-Dec-2020.pdf
- Risk Assessment 201204 Rev12.pdf
- Lockdown Relaxing Phases 201204 Rev3.2.pdf
- SCSC Covid-19 Test and Trace Procedure V2.pdf
- Covid19 Phase 3 Interim Club Boat Hire V5.pdf
- Updated Covid-19 amendments to SCSC powered vessel policy 1.1.pdf
- RYA Sailing & Racing in Mixed Households 21-08-2020.pdf
- Clubhouse and Changing Room Opening Procedure 201204 v1.pdf
- Fogger Instructions V1.pdf
- RYA - Covid FAQs in England from Dec 2nd 2020.pdf
Last updated 16:30 on 4 December 2020